Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We have a referral!!!


We received an email last Thursday, August 30 saying they had a referral of a 15 month old girl for us. Both Rich and I fell in love with the pictures of this beautiful little girl at first sight. I'd heard about that happening, but was skeptical. It's weird I know and somewhat of a cliche, but somehow I just knew this was the child God intended to be ours. She actually looks a little like Rich and is blond and blue-eyed like both of us.


We sent her pictures to an international adoption doctor at the University of Kentucky to see if she saw any problems. She said she looked absolutely great and saw no obvious problems. So, we called Adoption Ark the next day and told them we would accept the referral!! Today, the ball really got rolling when our caseworker called to start setting up the trip, which is going to be a whirlwind.


We will travel for our first trip to meet Haylie on Saturday, Sept. 15 from Lexington to Moscow. Then we will fly to the region to a city called Novokuznetsk in southern Siberia. From there we will travel by car to another town to the Prokopyevsk baby house to meet our Haylie. We will only be there for 2 short days before we have to leave her and return home to wait for a court date. We will return to the US on September 19.


So there is much to be done before we go and I know I will be going crazy before its over, but it will be worth it all. Turns out we will miss the UK vs Louisville football game while we go. Rich at first was not a happy camper about that since he is a huge UK football fan. But, even he said it would be worth it to go see Haylie.


I'll try and keep you all posted in the next few days as we make the final arrangements. Please say a prayer for us that things go smoothly.

8 comments:

kitzkazventure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitzkazventure said...

Jody, I am so excited to go thru the journey with you.....and to think, this all kind of started about a year and 1/2 ago when I had a really bad allergic rash. Now, I have a son from Kaz and you will have a daughter from Russia.....Do you think God allowed me to have the rash so we could connect? Well, it will definitely be worth all the scratching and allergy testing if the answer is yes! ;) We will keep you in our prayers and I will obsessively follow your blog like all of the other ones...it is a great way to feel connected to everyone! Many prayers and thoughts are sent your way....love, the Kitzkazventure clan (Karen, Pat, and Nick)

Jane and Jim said...

You have only been really waiting 4 months!! That's incredible and soooo exciting! Congratulations on your referral. We're also waiting for siblings under the age of 4 from Kemerovo. Best best best of luck to you - I'll keep up with you via your blog!

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful! we brought our Max home from the same orphanage a year ago this past july! He is wonderful, the orphanage was great (yes!) and adoption ark is the best!. Best of luck to you three! Tracie and Max

Gretchen said...

Congratulations! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Hi JoJo & Rich
Can't wait to see Haylie!!
Mom

The Cook said...

Oh, she is so cute. I love that picture. Not that I am an expert but she does look really healthy and I do not see any FAS signs! I spoke to so many doctors and looked at so many photos before we left. I am so happy for you. I love the name. Have fun on your adventure.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys:

So sorry the trip was such an ordeal due to the weather. Got your phone call telling us all was well. Really looking forward to the next couple of days to see how Miss Haylie reacts to her new parents. Praying it goes really well and she loves you both from the beginning. Love Helen