Friday, February 8, 2008

Wonderful Baby Shower


cute decorations
Haylie is the life of the party
With my other favorite girl Julia
Checking out all the loot

Look at all these clothes-- she'll be the best dressed child My little princess



My wonderful church family had a huge baby shower for us on Monday night. I still can't believe all the people who turned out and all the goodies we got. There were about 35 women who came. They had decorated the fellowship hall in really cute pink and black decorations with little poodles. Even the cake had a poodle on it--it was adorable and delicious. Everyone was so generous and of course Haylie was the star of the show. She was so good and let everyone hold her and play with her without really fussing at all.
People asked what we needed and I told a few she needed some dresses for church. Well, she now has so many beautiful dresses, she'll be able to wear a new one almost every Sunday for the next 6 months. The really nice thing was we got a nice variety of sizes from 9 months to 3T, so she will continue to have new clothes for a long time. God has truly blessed us, not only with our precious girl but with a wonderful, loving, church family whom we love. Thank you to all of you!! The picture above shows all of the clothes we got at the shower. I'm going to have to clean out a closet just to put them all in. Besides the clothes, we also got many really nice toys, books, and other useful things.

Things continue to go well with Haylie. I'm really enjoying my time off from work and dread having to go back. Turns out Haylie had giardia, an intestinal infection. So we are having to do antibiotics for that for 10 days. She is so good about taking her medicine, she just takes it right down. She also has a Vitamin D deficiency, so we are going to start Vitamin D supplements. She is still such a good and happy baby. She doesn't even mind getting her teeth brushed--she just lays there and opens her mouth and lets me brush for as long as I want. I'm betting it feels good on those teeth that are coming in too!! I've also included some adorable pictures of Haylie in her "princess robe". She looks so cute in it!!

We had a big storm Wednesday morning which unfortunately ripped several of our shingles off, both in the front and back, so we are waiting on the insurance adjuster to come--they can't come until next week!! Good thing the whole roof didn't blow off, huh. We were very lucky because there were multiple tornados all around Kentucky with significant damage, so I shouldn't complain about a few shingles I guess. I did leak into Haylies room on the roof, so we will also have to repair that. Guess it's always something.

8 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

She is just precious! I am so happy for you and your new little family! We just have to get together soon...I am itching to get my hands on her! :)

kitzkazventure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Russian Adoption Chronicles said...

Congratulations guys! We just stumbled upon ur blog. We also have a son from Kemerovo region, returned home with him last Wednesday.

Your daughter is an absolute doll.

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog and I was happy to see another little find a loving home. I read your blog from the beginning to end and I had to leave you a comment. I wanted to give you a little advice from one adoptive Mom to another. My little guy was just a month older than your daughter when he came home and he has been home around 16 months now.

I would be very careful passing her around to a bunch of different women. This may cause big problems in the future if she doesn't totally know who her mommy is. She will learn this in time but it will take her a while to know who you are for sure and that you are not just another care-giver who will come and go. After all she had a bunch of different mommies taking care of her and she has only been with you a very short time.

I have seen it many, many times that families come home and a year later they are seeing an attachment therapist dealing with issues that they could have prevented by just doing a few simple things after returning home with their little ones.

Here is a link to a great web-site with some fantastic suggestions on how to help your little one with her big life change. www.a4everfamily.org

You are truly blessed, your daughter is so beautiful!
Congratulations

Carrie said...

Hey Jody -
Just thought I would let you know that Sophie also had giardia. I think it is really common.

Dawn said...

How are things going? I have been checking in waiting for a new update on your little angel.

Hope her adjustment is going well.

Dawn

junglemama said...

I just found your blog! Congrats on your daughter! Haylie is absolutely adorable!

Lindsey and Cortney said...

WOW, she is sooo adorable!!! Looks like you had a fun shower. The going back to work thing still makes me a little nuts some days. I would love to think that it gets better but...I'm holding out little hope.
Congrats again. It is great to see the happy ending to another adoption story.
Lindsey Clevinger