Thursday, May 7, 2009

Easter Pictures

With Ju Ju
See Gramgram's pretty flowers
I think I'll just sit in the middle of the flowers!!!
Daddy's chasing me!!
Shut your mouth
With my duckie quaking whistle from the Easter Bunny
Look at all this loot the little bunny brought me
My sweet girl with her hat on (which only stayed on about 2 minutes)
Haylie and Julia
Sweet Julia is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady
With the bunny ears on
Swinging in GramGram's back yard is one of Haylie's all-time favorite things to do...
especially with her best bud Ju Ju
Haylie's 1st Easter Egg Hunt (all bundled up from the cold)
Dancing to the music with my new keyboard--that blur is her arms swinging!!

I know, I know I've been a bad blogger and haven't posted anything in ages. My family has been after me so I finally found time to sit down and do it. Things are going well--Haylie is growing by leaps and bounds. She is wearing 3T pants now for her long legs, even though around the waist she is still more a 18-24 month size. We are going to be changing to a new daycare next week, so hopefully all will go well. This place actually has preschool and is MUCH more structured which I think she definitely needs. They have some pretty strict rules, so hopefully they won't throw her out!! The 2 biggest challenges will be NO sippy cups, big girl glasses only. We have only been doing sippy cups at home and just started practicing with a glass-- she always spills it, so I know for awhile she'll be needing her clothes changed frequently (guess that's why they have you bring 3 extra changes of clothes!!!) Also, to be able to go into the 3 year old room she has to be completely potty trained. We are not quite there yet--she does fairly well with #1, but not so good with #2 at all. She will be 3 at the end of this month, so we will see. I've talked to them and discussed her situation and they are going to leave her in the "transitional 2's" for now. By my estimation she is still about 3-6 months delayed with speech and behavior. But boy, has she come a LONG way.

Anyway, I'm posting LOTS of pictures of Easter. We had a great time and meal at my mom's house and Haylie got to do her 1st Easter Egg Hunt with her cousin Julia...she loved it, even though it was really cold that day. She just kept wanting to go find more!! Sorry, they are all out of order, but being the wiz at the computer/blogger I am, when I posted them all in order, they showed up all out of order--oh, well, at least I finally put some on!!

2 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

I have been waiting and waiting for Easter pics. I knew she would be adorable...I wasn't disappointed at all!! I loved that outfit! It is about time to catch up again. Maybe this summer??

Rouge047 said...

Hi Jody,

What fun, joy, tears and laughter I was given by reading youf blog. What an awesome thing you guys did by loving that little girl so dearly. Haylie is such a beautiful little girl. I know you both are very blessed with your decision. You have done a wonderful job with the blog, and just think what joy it will bring one little girl when she is old enough to understand that her Mommie and Daddy loved her so much they didn't want to forget one second of it.

~~ Donna Mandina