Monday, October 22, 2007

I Have The Best Mom In The World!!!




Mom and Julia



This is my mom, Meleta and with my neice, Julia. She is the absolute best mom in the whole wide world (at least to me!!). She is so excited about getting Haylie, at times I think she is even more excited than we are. She should have had about 20 grandbabies, but none of her 3 daughters were fertile. She only has one precious grandchild, my neice Julia, now 11 years old, who is also adopted. We have all about loved Julia to death since we got her at 3 months old. Now with Haylie coming, Mom will have another baby to spoil. She has already hand-knitted her 2 beautiful sweaters (one with a hat), an afghan, made a handmade cover for a shopping-cart, and put together a fleece coverlet to use as a floor cloth. She also has bought Haylie her first shoes. In addition she is going to help me assemble the crib and dresser, which we finally bought last week (since Rich has no apptitude for anything remotely resembling a handyman!!). Above are pictures of the beautiful sweaters (one white, one yellow) and the afghan she has made.
I can't wait to see them on Haylie--she will be an absolute doll!! We're going on 5 weeks now since our first trip, so hopefully we will hear something about a court date within the next month.

3 comments:

Lindsey & Cortney said...

Jodi,
Thank you so much for your comment on our blog. My husband and I read about your trip and it sounds so amazing. It is hard for me to imagine that last day for you guys and I can feel in your words how much you wanted to hold onto her when she was sleepy. I'm sure that you guys have been preparing for that for a awhile now. We too are hopeful that our little Ian will be home before Christmas. I was excited to see another KY family adopting internationally. We have been blessed to meet so many wonderful families throughout this process. We are praying for you, Rich and your daughter. I can't wait until you can post those beautiful pics!!
Waiting alongside you,
Lindsey and Cortney

Lindsey & Cortney said...

I almost forgot, your mother's work is fantastic. I knit so when I look at those beautiful things I see many hours of work in them!!!

junglemama said...

Wow, your mom does an incredible job.

Hoping your daughter somes home soon.

God Bless.