Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Haylie's 1st Picnic!!

Haylie & Julia
Daddy, Julia, & Haylie
My 1st Memorial Day
Cousins Julia & Haylie
In the flowers in the front yard

We had a really nice Memorial Day Weekend, and the weather was gorgeous. On Saturday, my entire family went to Natural Bridge State Park for a picnic. It was Haylie's first picnic ever, and probably the longest time she has spent outside. She absolutely loved it!!! It was such a beautiful day with the temperatures in the low to mid 70's and clear blue skies. My mom made her homemade fried chicken and all the fixins, so we ate like kings. We spent almost 5 hours there, and Haylie of course would absolutely not have any part of taking a nap. So she was a very tired little girl by the end of the day, but she sure had a blast running all over the place. She wore her old parents out chasing her around all day.


Then on Sunday, after church my mom, Haylie, & I spent the day together. Memorial Day weekend is always a hard one for our family since it is the anniversary of when my father died. He died on the Friday before Memorial Day, 4 years ago. It's hard to believe it's been that long--in some ways it seems like it was only yesterday. We sure do miss our Pawpaw, and sure wish he could have met Haylie--he would have been nuts over her. Anyway, my mom and I and Haylie went out to the cemetery where he is buried on Sunday. We're not really cemetery decorating people, but he is out at Camp Nelson Cemetery which is a federal veterans cemetery. It is absolutely gorgeous decorated with big flags about every 10 feet on Memorial Day, and Veterans Day. So we went out to visit my dad, and took Haylie for the first time. Of course, she loved running thru the grass, and it was also a really pretty day. We stopped for ice cream on the way home, so it was a really nice day.


Today, we all stayed home and puttered around the house. I finally got my potted flowers planted while Haylie napped. I'm posting some pictures of the picnic and also some of Haylie, out playing in our yard today. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend--we sure did.

1 comment:

kitzkazventure said...

She is so darn cute! My folks are in town this week and next but lets plan something SOON! Maybe Kim and Eli are ready for a playdate too. Got the letter about your move....Great for you but sad for me and my impromptu visits! :) call me! karen