Friday, May 16, 2008

My First Mother's Day






We celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend with my entire family as a 2 day event. Since the forecast for Sunday the "official" Mother's Day was for rain, we all got together on Saturday for a cook-out at my sister Marcia's house. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time and a delicious meal. We cooked out steaks on the grill, with baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, and lemonade pie for dessert. The entire family was there. It was really a nice evening and a great 1st mothers day for me too, as well as for my sweet mother and my sister Marcia, who is mother to JuJu. We all exchanged gifts making just like Christmas. My sweet husband, and of course Haylie, got me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and a sweet card--he did good!!


On Sunday, sure enough it was cold and poured the rain, so we were glad we had held the cookout the previous day. After church we all went out for lunch to Bella Notte. It became an eternal wait with all the crowds out for the big Mother's Day Celebration. Long story short, we were there over 3 hours for our meal, and the manager gave us all free dessert because the wait for our food was so long. So, it was not as nice as the previous day and pretty frustrating.


However, I'm not complaining. It was such a joy to actually be a mother on Mothers Day--something I never really thought would happen. It's actually kind of surreal...for all these years I just thought of it as a day for my sweet mother. And this year I'm actually part of the "mom club". Haylie of course was the star of both our celebrations. Don't tell Julia, but I think she was a little jealous. She's been the only kiddo for the past 12 years, and now suddenly Haylie is stealing some of her limelight. Of course being the retard I am, I didn't take ANY pictures of the entire weekend, so I am posting some recent shots of our princess...I apologize for the red eyes...I can't fix them on this particular computer.


Hope everyone out in blog land had a great Mother's Day too.

1 comment:

BARDLY said...

Haylie is beautiful!! I want to come and meet her soon! Hope you had a wonderful first Mother's Day! - Angie