Sunday, January 11, 2009

Haylie's First Christmas


She loves to turn her cart over and pour all the toy food in the floor
Check out all the goodies Santa brought!!
I LOVE my toy kitchen
Working hard to put together my new Clippo's
I hope everyone had a great holiday, even if I am a little late. We had a wonderful first Christmas with Haylie. She wasn't really sure what it was all about, but seemed to have a great time with it all. She loved tearing open the packages, and really loves playing with her new toys. She walked into the living room with all of Santa's gifts and had the greatest expression on her face and just said "Oh my!!". She got a new wagon, a toy kitchen and shopping cart, a tricycle, among MANY other things, including a whole box of new clothes from Aunt Lisa. My mom, both sisters, and niece Julia came and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas night at our house. It was a really nice holiday, and my sweet family put together all of her hard-to-assemble toys (especially the kitchen which literally had about 1000 small pieces that Lisa spent hours putting together). I didn't get a lot of good still pictures because I was too busy videotaping the whole thing. Someday, I'll figure out how to download videos to the blog. I couldn't help remembering last Christmas when we were soooo disappointed that we hadn't been able to go get Haylie before the holidays--she was certainly worth the wait and sure made the holiday special this year!

The Sunday after Christmas, we flew to Florida to visit Rich's parents. Haylie was great on the plane and it went as smoothly as it could have. It was only a short visit, but the weather was great and we got to take Haylie for her first trip to the beach. At first she was scared and said "All done" as soon as the first little wave came in, but then didn't want to get out. The water was a little chilly so we only stayed about a half hour. But she is still saying "ocean" and "big water" wanting to go back. She sure was a cute little beach bunny. She got to meet her Aunt Carrie and Uncle Doug from Hawaii for the first time, and thought "Ug Doug" as she called him hung the moon. He played with her for hours at a time and she just ate it up. Everyday since we got home, she still asks for Carrie and Ug Doug.

Me and my Daddy at the beach

1 comment:

kitzkazventure said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! The beach looks fabulous. Hoping to do that in the next few years with Nick. She is just absolutely the cutest little punkin. :)