Thursday, November 15, 2007

Waiting 8 Weeks

Well, it's been 8 weeks now since our first trip to Russia. We got the news earlier this week that the couple we traveled with, Dave and Stacy have gotten their court date for November 29. I am soooooo happy for them. I've kind of been waiting with baited breath all week for a phone call from Adoption Ark for our court date too, since they got theirs. I finally couldn't stand it any longer and emailed our coordinator in Chicago. All she had to say was that we were still waiting on a "release letter" to get a date and that she would let me know if she heard anything. Not what I wanted to hear obviously. This waiting gets harder every day!!! I keep reading on the web message boards about others getting their court dates--seems like about 5 families got their dates last week. I try not to be jealous, but can't help wish it was us too. There has also been several posts about people loosing their referral right before their second trip, and so now I'm worried to death that something will happen and we won't be able to get our Haylie. We certainly don't have the best luck in the world, and I'm really scared our bad luck will come through in this matter and something will happen that we won't get Haylie.

Oh, well I'll get off of the pity potty and show you our first official baby gift. The sweet doctor I work with bought this for us way back when we first started the process, and planned to give it to me at a shower. But she was so excited, and said she couldn't wait for the shower, so went ahead and gave it to me. It is so adorable, I can't wait to see Haylie riding the rocking horse. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but there is also a little blanket, bottle, pacifier, shirt, teddy bear, and a bib with "Haylie" embroidered on it. I just LOVE it!!

1 comment:

kitzkazventure said...

I was just talking about you today and guessed that you were at about 8 weeks post first visit. I know it must be getting hard. We have to have faith that God will get you to Haylie exactly when you are supposed to.....I have to say now I wonder why we couldn't have gotten to Nick sooner....I wonder why God didn't get us on the adoption ball sooner so we could have gotten him as a baby....There is lots of what ifs and why nots but We are choosing to believe that we were where we needed to be in our life and Nick was placed wonderfully in our care at just the right moment for everyone. You have to believe that or you will drive yourself crazy! Trust me, I know! ;) I will be praying for a court date soon and peace for you both while you wait. I may come by and see you soon....I finally have my little pre-gifts for you! ;) Talk soon! karen