Sunday, August 31, 2008

Summertime Fun



What is this crazy thing?


Just sitting here isn't too exciting...




Wow, you mean I'm supposed to hurl myself down that?

This is the best ever--I loooove the slide!!


The big teeter-totter is pretty cool too


Peek-a-Boo!! (What stupid person put graffitti on this cool bubble?)

My Daddy--my heroGo on out in the deep water Daddy
I'm sooo tired, but there is no way I'm gonna stop
I LOVE to swim!!


We've been having a blast playing with Haylie outside this summer. We took her to our favorited park, Woodland Park in Lexington last weekend for a little picnic. Then we let her play on the playground for a little while before we took her to the pool--her first visit to a public pool!! She had a blast, even though it was past her naptime!! She threw a fit when we took her off the playground, and then of course didn't want to leave the pool either. But she played so hard, she literally fell asleep the minute her head hit the carseat for the ride home. Daddy and I are really enjoying having a little one to play with too--it is so amazing to see the world thru the eyes of a child again. We'd forgotten how much fun playing on the playground is!!

1 comment:

kitzkazventure said...

we swam so much this summer but never made it to Woodland, bummer. Nick would never leave the ship....maybe that is why we haven't gone! ;)

I think we may be able to meet the 8th. I will send out an email to you and Kim this week!

She looks adorable in the glasses. Yes, we know the throw down well. We actually purchased more lenses this week so that he does not have to have scratches (multiple, multiple) in his viewing area for school. We are hoping that the next year in glasses won't be so eventful! :)

talk soon. karen