Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We've Come a LONG Way!!

Boy, this stuff sure beats baby food!!
Look at me go
See, I'm a big girl now!!
Haylie and Grandma
In one of my MANY Sunday dresses from our church showerJust as pretty from the back

Boy, has Haylie come a long way in the eating department. As you may remember from previous posts, when Haylie first came home, she would not eat anything except pureed food or Stage 2 baby foods. Slowly but surely, she has made major progress and eats many table foods now. We do still do a few baby foods, especially to get in veggies. But as you can see from the photos, she will now do corn on the cob--a major victory!! We have even stopped the occupational therapy thru 1st Steps that was supposed to help with her food issues. Not sure it really helped that much as they decided it wasn't really a food aversion, just learned behavior. Whatever the reason, we are thankful she will eat mostly table food now.

I'm also including some cute pictures I took after church at my mom's a few Sunday's ago--she looked adorable in this dress. We got so many dresses for her at the shower our church gave, that she literally hasn't worn one twice. I'm afraid she'll outgrow them before we get around to wearing something the second time...a terrible problem to have I know--we are sooo blessed.

5 comments:

Janine said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. Your daughter is too cute!

kitzkazventure said...

Adorable and yeah! on the food! Are we still on for Monday? Email me! karen

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a Preadoptive mom (working on our dossier for a little infant girl) and I stumble upon your blog and I think that your little one is just ADORABLE! I thought I would pass this on to you; there's this online eyeglass website that has economical eyeglasses its called zennioptical.com I got it from another mom who adopted an active little boy who needed glasses too. I kept it in my favorites in case I need it in the future so I hope it helps. Take care! Espe

Kane Family said...

Hi Jody,
Well we should be traveling in a mo-2 mo...I can't seem to find your email adress...
Haylie is thriving like crazy it's easy to see!It's amazing what the love of a family can do.
Take care,
Margie in Boston

Kane Family said...

sorry..meant to hit that button..
margie