Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Birthday Weekend

My Sweet Momma
Haylie and Aunt Lisa at the Garden Cafe
Mommy and Haylie at lunch
Bright Sunlight!!
Helping GramGram open presents
Playing with cousin Julia (JuJu)

We had a great weekend this past weekend as my entire immediate family got together to celebrate my mother's and my birthdays. My mom (and dad who died 3 years ago) birthdays are both October 10 and mine is October 11, so we all got together all weekend. I took off work Friday and my sister Lisa came up from Knoxville. Mom, me & Haylie, Lisa, & my other sister Marcia (who also has an October birthday) all went out for a girlie lunch at the Garden Cafe at Flag Fork Herb Farm. They send you a card for a free lunch in the month of your birthday, so 3 of us ate for free!! It is really a girlie kind of place and Haylie fit right in. She was so good and only squealed like a banshee a couple of times--overall she was a really good little girl. After lunch we all drove to Louisville to shop at Costco. We were going to go some other places but ran out of time which was OK--we are all Costco junkies and just hope and pray they build one in Lexington someday!! We then celebrated my mom's 76th birthday with a icecream cake from DQ--yum. Haylie's present to my mom is that she FINALLY started calling her something--we have been working with her trying to get her to say "Grandma" or "Grammy" but she wouldn't ever really call her anything except an occasional "mama". But just in the last week she has started consistantly calling her "GramGram" which sounds sooooo cute.

Then Saturday was my big day--yeehah. I won't say how old I turned, only that I can't believe I'm as old as I am--how did that happen. I must be honest and say I have been asked several times if Haylie is my grandchild--ouch!! I won't complain (even though I have) about my age because it sure beats the alternative!! Rich and I went to the UK vs S. Carolina football game and even though we lost (boo!!) we had a really nice day. We tailgated with our friends before and it was a gorgeous October day. Then after the game we went back to my mom's house for dinner. She always makes our favorite meal for our birthday and I always request her homemade pizza--it's the best. A very nice weekend and so nice to spend time with my family. We all commented on how this time last year we still didn't have Haylie. We had been for our first visit to meet her but she still wasn't home. So, even though I turned another year older, it's amazing to think that this was my first birthday as a mother--what a difference a year makes!! And she is definately the best present I've ever gotten. Thank you God!!

1 comment:

BARDLY said...

Haylie is sooo cute! I know you are loving being a Mommy and I know you are a great one! Happy belated birthday! Angie