Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkin!!

Very focused on the job at hand

Modeling for the jack-o-lantern face
Eating the pumpkin guts--yum yum


The finished product

That's pumpkin guts all over my face

This is FUN!!!!!
See my Halloween Outfit
It is the GREAT pumpkin
My cutie girl
Playing my piano

We are gearing up for Haylie's first Halloween. On Monday, we carved her a jack-o-lantern. I must admit, I hadn't done one in probably 20 years and I'd forgotten how much work it is. My mom told me that Haylie wouldn't give a hoot about doing it, since her attention span isn't usually very long. But surprisingly, she LOVED it and stuck in there the entire time I was cleaning out the guts. Admittedly, she didn't really get into the whole carving thing, but it was so much fun watching her. She kept trying to eat the pumpkin innards and did get some in her mouth and swallowed it before I could snatch it back out. Luckily raw pumpkin and seeds didn't give her a bellyache. The other pictures above are what she wore to church tonight. My mom had bought this outfit cheap last year after Halloween--before we even had Haylie home. She looked like a little doll!!! Stay tuned and I'll post some pictures of her costume and the whole trick-or-treating event.

1 comment:

kitzkazventure said...

OOOOOh such a cutie! We chickened out on the pumkin BUT we are going to try trick or treating this year! The pirate is very social so we think he might like it! ;)