Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Gram Gram helping me get ready
Ready to Trick-or-Treat
Aren't I cute???
Check out these antennae
Trick-or Treating--What are you putting in my bucket??
Dancing with Gabbie (aka Dee Dee Doodlebop)
Riding with Gabbie in the wagon (My favorite thing about the evening)Me and my scarecrow

Haylie had a big time trick-or-treating on her 1st Halloween. She went as a bumble bee and was the most adorable bee ever. A dear friend of mine lent me the costume that was her daughters way back when. We went over to Tanya's, my friend from work to go trick-or-treating with her daughter Gabbie who is 3. Gabbie was a champion trick-or-treater. However, Haylie wasn't really sure about the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, she had a blast, but she really didn't get the whole trick or treat thing. She just wanted to push the wagon and didn't really want to go up to people's porch. I had to drag her (literally at times) up to each door and usually she just stood there, or in several cases, just sat down on the stoop. So we just went around the cul-de-sac because by then she had had about enough of the whole thing. We then went to my friends Mark and Joy's house who were having a bunch of people over for chili and trick-or-treat. Their kids are a lot older and were out with a whole bunch of kiddos. So, we just visited with our friends for while and then headed home. She was surprisingly good the entire night, but I think I probably had an even better time than she did.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That is the cutest bumblebee I have ever seen!!!

BARDLY said...

Haylie looked adorable! Abby had that same costume when she was 2.